Social Web Content Management System (SWCMS), a fork of the popular Pligg social news project, continues to show its significant forward momentum. First sign of life comes from the release of SWCMS Beta 2. Beta 2 is a significant step forward over the code SWCMS forked from and includes:
- Increased sanitization of input across the codebase (security).
- Rectification of numerous bugs, including undefined index errors (stability).
- Removal of most modules from the core to offer a more streamlined product (stability/security).
- Inclusion of a new module store/repository from which you can download free modules and automatically install them into your instance of SWCMS (feature).
- Code reorganization that streamlines and clarifies the codebase.
You can read the official announcement here.
Second sign of life is a concrete roadmap to the 1.0 release of SWCMS. SWCMS has projected a release date of October 11th, 2008 for the 1.0 release date with two release candidates being released on September 27th and October 4th. The official announcement is here.