When new pliggers setup a website the tend to lean on the RSS Importer module to insert content into a bare site, the official rss importer packaged with pligg does the job but was missing tag insertion and the layout was pretty basic and could become cluttered with lots of feeds inserted. RSS Importer Extended v0.6 looks to improve on the official module by now inserting tags with stories as well as having a much better and more organized layout.
RSS Importer for pligg that contains a number of fantastic new features:
- Rearranged administration interface to be more streamlined. Now feeds are listed with the title and URL plus links to Edit, Delete, Export, Examine, and Import each feed.
- Added a new Edit template to edit individual feeds.
- Modified ‘Run anyway’ override link to only update the selected feed unless Import All Feeds is selected.
- Added confirmation before deleting a feed.
- Added functionality so that if a feed doesn’t have tags then keywords in the title are used as tags.
- Added “stopword” list to prevent certain words from becoming tags.
Category: Pligg Modules